The Faculty of modern art and artistic communication houses 5 graduate departments:
the Department of Decorative and Applied Art (Head of the Department - Yelena G. Stolyarova, Ph.D. in Art history, Professor);
the Department of Choreography (Head of the Department - Viktor I. Brykin, Honored Cultural Worker of the Russian Federation, Associate Professor);
the Department of Musical Art of Variety Performance (Head of the Department - Pavel A. Plaksin, Associate Professor, member of the Union of Composers of Russia);
the Department of Sound Engineering (Head of the Department - Alla N. Chvanova, Ph.D. in Pedagogy, Associate Professor);
the Department of Direction of Theatrical Performances and Festivals (Head of the Department - Yury M. Parshyn, Honored Cultural Worker of the Russian Federation, Ph.D. in Pedagogy, Associate Professor).
The Faculty offers the following Specialist degree programs:
- Sound Engineering of mass and cultural entertainment and concert programs (specialization "Sound Engineering of mass and cultural entertainment and concert programs");
- Monumental and Decorative Art (specialization "Decorative Art , Interior").
- Folk Art Culture (majors: Amateur Folk and Modern Dance troupe Direction, Direction of decorative and applied art studio);
- Music Studies and Musical and Applied Art (majors: Musical Pedagogy, Computer music and arrangement);
- Direction of Theatrical Performances and Festivals (major: Theatrical Performances and Festivals);
- Musical Art of Variety Performance (majors: Musical Instruments of the Variety Orchestra, Pop and Jazz Singing).
- Folk Art Culture (major: "Decorative and applied art").
The Faculty teaching staff includes 34 professors, Candidates of Science and Associate Professors. 12 teachers have honorary titles in the field of culture and art.
Students training blends seamlessly in with creative and artistic practice of teachers and students, such as:
-concerts, performances, theatrical shows;
- professional skill and students' own works competitions;
- choreographic performances and programs;
- exhibitions of decorative and applied arts works;
- creation of scripts and stage versions of performances, theatrical shows;
- development of audio scripts of concert programs and theatrical shows.
International festival-competition of variety arts "On the wings of music" and All-Russian competition-festival of choreographic art named after Gennady Vlasenko are held by the Institute for implementation of students' creative skills.
There are students' creative teams at the Faculty: folk dance ensemble "Volzhsky uzory", dance theatre "Scrim", modern dance collective "Plyaski", show choir "Feeriya", jazz band, vocal and instrumental ensembles. Creative teams of the Faculty are famous throughout Russia. They have been the winners of prestigious international and all-Russian competitions. Among them there are Gold medals of Youth Delphi games. Teachers and students of the Department of Sound Engineering take active part in sound accompanying of Institute concerts, their video recording, digitization of documents and sound recording.
Faculty graduates are widely demanded in Russia and abroad as ballet-masters, dancers, directors, designers, sound engineers, pop singers, entrepreneurs in the field of art, teachers of different educational institutions. Most of them are invited to work during their internship and start their working life while Institute training.